JOB TITLE: Intern/Servant Leader
REPORTS TO: Site-Based Administrators
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Intern/Servant Leader is responsible for the front-line care and nurturing of 10 scholars.Working in collaboration with the Teacher, this position serves to reinforce the mastery of the skill-set requisite for increasing literacy and math proficiency of the scholars assigned to them in the program.
- Responsible for reinforcing the skills taught by the Teacher
- Responsible for providing leadership, mentoring and role modeling for not more than 10 scholars daily
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above listed position:
- Provide instruction to 10 scholars, divided into two groups (Group A and Group B)
- Work with each group individually to review the skills taught by the Teacher to ensure mastery in reading (phonics, linguistics, reading comprehension and written expression)
- Work with each group individually, using the Integrated Reading Curriculum literature
- Work with each group individually on the mechanics and skill acquisition for math
- Engage, with the teacher, in substantive planning and debriefing, to execute and deliver lessons aligned with state standards and benchmarks.
- Participate with the scholars during Harambee Time, in the daily morning focus group and afternoon debriefing session.
- Participate in scheduled local and national training, as required
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings
- Provide data to maintain accurate attendance records for their assigned scholars
- Assume any other duties as assigned by the Teacher and/or Site-Based Administrators