REPORTS TO: Site-Based Administrators
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Teacher will be responsible for the day-to-day classroom activities which include the direct instruction for 20 scholars (two groups of 10 students) in the areas of reading and math.This position, works collaboratively with two Interns/Servant Leaders to reinforce the mastery of the skills required to obtain grade level proficiency in reading and mathematics. The candidate must be K-8 Certified to be considered for this position.
- Responsible for the overall classroom management.
- Responsible for providing the foundation for the mastery of reading.
- Responsible for providing leadership, mentoring and role modeling for the Interns/Servant Leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above listed position:
- Provide “push-in support to 10 scholars at a time, representing a 10:1 ratio in two groups (Group A & Group B)
- Work with each group individually on the mechanics and skill acquisition for reading (phonics, linguistics, reading comprehension and written expression)
- Work with each group individually on the mechanics and skill acquisition for math.
- Engage in substantive planning and debriefing, to execute and deliver lessons aligned with state standards and benchmarks.
- Differentiate instruction and teach to mastery to ensure skill acquisition and grade-level proficiency for scholars.
- Monitor and assess scholar growth as a means to modify and adapt lessons to achieve and sustain high levels of achievement in reading and mathematics.
- Participate with the scholars during Harambee Time, in the daily morning focus group and afternoon debriefing session.
- Participate in scheduled local and national training, as required.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate attendance records for their assigned scholars.
- Assume any other duties as assigned by the Site-Based Administrators.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]